Since Tumblr is purging fan accounts from every fandom I thought I’d make a master post of resources for safe blogging.
What we know so far:
- This started with Backgrid and Splash New using reverse image search through a third party to protect their photos.
- It was first limited to paparazzi photos, events, red carpets and set photos.
- However now it is rumored to be extended to other stuff like celebrity photoshoots etc.
- A better, proper explanation here.
- Rebloging is fine, only the original post will get flagged and deleted.
- You get three strikes for copyright infringement and then your blog gets terminated.
- If your main blog gets terminated, then all your sideblogs go, no matter if you are a member or an admin.
- If you get warnings for your sideblog then only the sideblog gets terminated.
- Notes or no notes, if you have posted anything from the above category, it will be flagged.
- It’s not limited only to the United States, it’s happening internationally.
- If your edit is a part of a larger graphic and different form the original offending photo you’re probably safe.
- It’s not limited to one fandom, everyone is being effected from Marvel, to Musicians, to WWE, EVERYONE.
- The best option so far is to delete any photos you posted (POSTED, not reblogged).
- Like I mentioned above it was limited to only paparazzi photos but now it seems to be extended to everything that was not posted by the celebrity themselves.
- If you’re very attached to your edit, changing the post to “private” may help (but probably not for very long.)
- This is an excellent post about how to buy some time to delete posts or to protect your blog.
- This website hides all of your reblogs so you can use it to see all your original post and delete the offending ones. (Also mentioned in the above post)
- You can also take a backup of your blog by going to tumblr.com/settings/blog/your url and clicking on Export at the bottom of the page.
- @captainevanss has answered many asks on this, please go through her blog before sending another ask, she has answered every possible question there is.
- If you post photos in future remember to save it as a new post and remove existing EXIF details before posting through third party apps (via @tessathompsson)
- Some excelent tips for future safe blogging
I’ll keep adding more info. Stay safe kids, hope you don’t get snapped!
Stay safe x